View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tetra

I feel really old

I am 33 years old and over 6 months sober. I live with my parents.

I admit that I don't get out much. If I am going out I usually meet friends for coffee. I don't go to pubs or clubs, but truthfully I never enjoyed them anyway.

Well, I did go into a pub once a few weeks ago. I was in town and I really needed to use the bathroom. I ran in and out of the nearest pub. I didn't feel any urge to leap over the counter and start pouring drinks.

I met an old friend of mine today. I hadn't seen him for ages and he was complaining about his lack of a love life. He's 28.

He told me he was at a nightclub last weekend and He met this girl and he thought she was very cute. He also thought she was about 20. And he said "she started dancing with me. We danced so much. She was hugging me. She was grinding against me. Even touched me a few times. Then I asked her how old she is?...She told me that she is 16!! I was like wtf. She was way too young but she wanted me to **** her. So I made an excuse and she got very pissed off. But she was cute. And she will turn up at the nightclub next week in her little skirt and she'll meet some pervert who won't say no"...
We both agreed it's sad...and way too young.

But I started thinking that he has choices. He can do what he wants, when he wants. I mean I do not want to date or have a relationship now, but it is something I would like to keep in mind for the future maybe. But I wonder how many men would date a 33 year old, recovering alcoholic?