View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 07:26 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Kaneda8888

Hey Kell

Yes, our class has slowed down quite a bit. I think its natural for most classes to slow down after a while.

Anyway, good to see that you are determined to stay sober ! What have you been thinking about incorporating into your program ? Have you considered AA or similar 12 step programs ? AA is a good place to start. Keep an open mind and try a few meetings. Its important to keep an open mind and not having pre-conceptions about AA. Also the meetings can differ a lot from each other which is why I suggest trying a few rather than one. Anyway, it may or may not work for you but you wont know until you try

I am travelling ok. Still hunting for a job and have revved it up this week as its taking too long. I had a tough morning as my partner wailed about how our oldest daughter doesnt respect her, wont obey her, takes things for granted, etc. Lots of self-pity. It is almost a daily event where she blows up about our oldest. Then she said I am always on the side of my daughter. Initially, I couldn't feel any pity towards my partner as I didnt want to feed her egocentricity. However, I felt miserable about the whole situation. Finally, I had compassion towards her and gave her a hug, saying I would have a chat with our daughter.

And its true ! When you give compassion, you feel so much better yourself

Have a great day all and keep at it Kell !! My love and thanks to all !