View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Katiekate

Originally Posted by Lily1918 View Post
compassion...

ugh... here we go! -_-
whatever...

addiction is a choice. Here let me go and ruin everyone's life and be emotionally abusive and have compassion on me!!!???

Pshhh!!! PALEEEZE!!!

so called "compassion" is often times more about having a "savior complex" than about real compassion >=[

PS: I am an RA and letting a person use and still be in your life is BS. LMN has already shared that her AH is in active addiction. It's not like she's here being a crybaby about his recovery putting her
on the back burner (which true recovery always does) sure we should have compassion when it comes to PAWS... NOT active addiction. nope. never.
I hear what you are saying lily, and I respectfully disagree, just because I am developing compassion doesn't mean abuse is okay, or any of the behavior is okay, not at all. I have compassion for active addicts as well as those in recovery. My x never was in recovery, I still have tons of compassion for him because now I can see how his addiction is and will kill him, people in active addiction suffer just as much as we do, they are tortured. The chances of me finding happiness is far greater than my x doing so. My brain is not directed by addiction. His always will be. He got drunk at 14, his parents supplied him the booze, it made him feel better, he drank to drunkenness with his father from the age of 14, he never had a chance.

LMN I never to cause you any distress, I know that your feelings are so real and its very painful, sending lots of love your way. Katie