View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 01:17 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
grubby

Originally Posted by Robert777
I have heard that phrase going around and relate a lot. I have also heard others saying alcohol stopped working for me. I have been trying to get sober for a long time now but just keep going back to it. If I am honest, I love being drunk and don't want to stop drinking. I am still youngish at 28years of age. The main motivation for me giving up is my family threatening to throw me out of the house. Alcohol has many negative consequences in my life but I still love it dearly, that euphoria is hard to let go off. My life is presently a ruin, i have severe social anxiety disorder and live a quite isolated life with really no purpose. I depend on my family to provide for me so I am caught between a rock and a hard place. Another part of me thinks that me being thrown out of my house would be a big wake up call and help me to make a life for myself. I live a quite luxurious life now, meals all made for me, nice food and drink always in the house. I can get up out of bed whenever I want, stay up till however late I want. So yeah, I don't really have much incentives to get sober. The anxiety is killer in my life but I have suffered like this for so long, I am kind of used to it, going on a decade living like this. So yeah, I never usually post and only lurk but I think it is good for me to share this, maybe I will learn something I am presently unaware of. Thanks, Robert.
You and me both buddy, you and me both.........

Don't get me wrong, i loved that warm-fuzzy euphoria that allowed me to temporarily escape from the drudgery of reality too......... but i eventually got to a point where i just didn't enjoy it as much as when i first started. For me at least, it had "stopped working"

It sounds like you are not quite there yet............. still not a reason to continue drinking, it only gets worse as it is progressive. If you are not "there" yet, you will be at some point............... its just a matter of time.

Or, perhaps it has "stopped" working already and you dont even realize it, answer me this: when you started drinking? What was your dosage back then? What is your dosage up to now?

If the dosage is higher now, that is a sign that it is not "working" like it used to