Thread: Your thoughts.
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Mango blast

Bibble, welcome to SR! Stick around and keep posting. We understand what you're going through and we care.

It took me a long time to see the emotional abuse going on in my life. Awareness becomes the starting point of healing. Thanks to the encouragement here and reading of others reaching out to abuse hotlines and abuse centers, I finally made the call myself. Knowing there is help and people on my side is vitally important to me.

Anytime, day or night, if you need someone to talk to call an abuse hotline. Here's the national number. There are local hotlines or ones in nearby cities you can call also.
1-800-799-7233
www.thehotline.org

The stickies at the top of this forum include some great info about abuse. Consider reading all of them. What doesn't apply now, may open you up to what else does apply to your situation or what it could progress to.

Here are two books that have helped also me. Samples of them can be read for free on a kindle, app or computer.
Respect Me Rules
The Emotionally Abusive Relationship

Is there already an appt made with a counselor? If not, it may be quacking on his part. I agree, most counselors are able to see through the bs. Sometimes they won't directly address that and will take different routes in bringing about change and awareness for both of you.

Do you know who the appt is with? Psychologists and Licensed Counselors don't prescribe drugs. As already said, whatever anyone else tries to say or get you to do, you don't need to. Keep the abuse hotline number handy at all times. You have a lot people in your corner!