View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 02:52 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
BLKDIESEL

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Sorry that a few people are finding it hard right now.

I had to take drinking off the table as an option.

No matter my emotional state - whether I felt bored or angry or left out or happy and wanting to celebrate...no matter what my day was like, or who annoyed me, or how I felt physically, I committed to finding other healthier ways to deal with those situations.

Those ways were not always instantaneous. Sitting with emotions or situations was uncomfortable and sometimes not pleasant but I knew where drinking took me. I wanted to see where not drinking took me.

I found support and I used it. I made changes to my life that reflected my decision to stay sober.

It took a little while but things got a lot better once I took that option off the table.

If I can do it anyone can guys. Use the amazing support we have here - rat out your addiction before it wins.

Fight back

D
This is so necessary right now for all of us who are being challenged and need to hear a word from someone who has trodden the path before us. Thanx Dee for this, I'm putting it in my journal to revisit as to what is required and possible for ongoing sobriety ring