View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
DG0409

Carlos- He cooked for me, we went out a few times, and we ate the continental breakfast at the motel in the mornings. And we didn't watch any movies. The TV was on at times, but I can't say that we were really watching it.

We had a blast. He was very sweet and I think he's really a great guy.

This is pretty much my first relationship that hasn't involved alcohol and/or drugs. (Although we did first start talking during my drinking days.) I did at times wonder how I would ever be able to go on a date, etc. without drinking. But when I was with him, I really didn't think about wanting to drink beyond a few fleeting thoughts like when we were walking and it was hot and I felt tired and there was a sign for cold beer. I didn't miss not having alcohol in the equation- we had a fine time without it. We had good, clean fun (OK, there may have been a few dirty parts).

AND I know that I've had problems in my life previously because I was with guys that were drinking/doing drugs and it changed their behavior. I always had relationships with people that I could drink and smoke weed with. It's really nice to know that he does't do drugs and only occassionaly drinks. And he doesn't have a problem with not drinking around me. He's supportive of my desire to be clean and sober.