Thread: No no no....
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
fairlyuncertain

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
It was exhilarating to talk to an adult and not feel judged and to feel like someone else is on the same wavelength as you.

GAH! What is wrong with me??? I mean, I'm still married. This guy lives 13 hours away. I know it's just fantasy but I need to focus on the present and getting my life squared away so what am I doing getting distracted mentally by a man who isn't even a part of my real life. There is a part of me, though, that thinks: well, if there are other guys out there like him, that at least gives me hope that I won't be alone for the rest of my life!
I get that you are married. I think that emotional affairs can devastate marriages. BUT. Wow. We forget what it feels like to connect to, and converse with adults. To have a simple conversation feels dangerous and intimate--b/c there's none of it at home.

We all deserve some social happiness and joy in our lives. If your head is running away w/you, maybe it doesn't mean an affair is about to happen. Maybe it means you aren't getting your needs for friendship and intellectual stimulation met in your relationship--so when you encounter friendship and shared interests, it's overpowering instead of normal?

We deal with so much anguish, left in our laps by thoughtless As. Don't discount your joy, or try to shut it off. Maybe a man online isn't the place to get it, but I'm glad to see you touching on that feeling. It's good stuff.