Thread: Just and Update
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
hopeful4

Thank You LMN....what a kind thing to say! I am trying. Believe me, it's an effort. I pray a lot and remind myself of all I have learned, a lot.

One other thing I want to say to anyone with children especially is something my sister (who is MO State Highway Patrol) reminded me. She said if there is ever a point that I question if things are ok or not, cannot get ahold of my children, etc. that I can call the police and request what is called a Well Check. If they are in the car, or wherever they are, I can do that. She said that she has done it herself for alcoholic parents before where the custodial parent is scared for their kids or cannot reach them. You can also do this for the elderly, say if your elderly neighbor who is always outside at 7am is not or does not answer the door or phone or whatever. I think it's super great.

I really had not considered that before. It is something that put my mind at ease quite a bit. She cautioned me not to do this unless I need to as if you do it all the time it will be taking advantage of it and you don't want them to think that. However, it's nice to have that as a backup if there would be a true emergency and I could not get to them.