Old 05-05-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
HealthFirst

I guess I'm scared of the stigma that comes with going to AA meetings. I just never wanted to be "that guy", especially to my wife who looks up to me so much (no disrespect to anybody who goes to meetings; I envy your courage to take control of your lives). Yes, my wife brought it up last week that I drank too much the day prior and wouldn't listen to her when she asked me to stop pinching her and that it hurt. I don't even remember the event. She does drink, too. Sometimes to an unhealthy, puking point, but that is much rarer than my episodes.

Is this a good start? "Honey. I think you have noticed that I occasionally drink too much. Unfortunately, I have realized that as much as I try not to get to that point, sometimes I just can't control it getting out of hand. Therefore, there is no healthy amount for me to drink because I never know when that one will lead to ten or more. I feel I'll lose weight, feel more energetic, and also be a better husband/father without it. There are groups that I want to join that support quitting completely and I want you to support me through a journey of completely quitting.".

Gosh. I guess it doesn't sound as bad as I thought after I typed it out.