Old 05-02-2014, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MIRecovery
A Day at a Time

Either change or be condemed to stay the same

I have been thinking a lot about change lately and the critical role it plays in my sobriety past and present.

I have found being open to change is one of the corner stones of my sobriety. In the beginning I had to change just about everything. No drinking situations, new friends, and new activities. Trying to salvage my old life was impossible I had to rebuild a new life from the ground up but without the willingness to change this never would have happened.

A few 24 hrs later I see that the willingness to change is just as important. There parts of my life that are not working but being the stubborn ass that I am I keep doing the same things over and over but expecting different results. If my solutions did work yesterday chances are they are not going to work today.

I have discovered in sobriety the more I resist trying something new the more I need to do. If someone suggests something and I get angry that is sure sign I need to really examine this solution because when I feel threatened there is some underlying cause.

As much as I do not like change if I am not moving forward I am moving backward