Old 05-02-2014, 02:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
inpieces314
Linkin Park Enthusiast

I have issues like that with my mom. I am never ever good enough for her. Mind you, I am in law school, single parent of two kids, with a job, I am not really sure what else she wants from me. And you know, I have an 18 year old sister, she PAID for her to go to college (not me), she still lives at home when she is on break (not me, I was kicked out when I was 17), she never does any wrong (which is false) and I could go on and on but it really kills me. Really.

The newest thing is my mother telling me how to deal with the ABF's death. Her husband (my father) died when I was 3, so she thinks she is an expert on death. Wrong. Her father was an alcoholic so she thinks she is an expert on alcoholism. Wrong. All I have heard for the past 2 weeks is that it was his fault, he sucks for hurting us like this, what a loser, I am an idiot for feeling like this, etc. etc. I literally cannot take it anymore.

I am not surprised, it has always been like this. She tells me how to do everything, literally everything, and gets mad when I don't listen to her like I am still 7 years old or something.

Generally, I don't speak to her. At all. She is no help to me, she only makes me feel worse, even if it's a good thing. We haven't had a relationship since I was in high school, and whatever is left is quickly being destroyed by the constant bs she keeps saying about the ABF. It got to the point earlier this year (before this thing) that I found someone who was willing to put the 7 year old on the bus in the morning, because I go to school very early, and was very dependent on my parents for that. At this point in time, I can cut them off and I will be alright, I just hate to do that to the kids. If it weren't for them, I seriously wouldn't speak to either of my parents at all. Or my sister.