View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
ChickChick

Good morning fools!

I so baldly want to take the time to respond to all of you this morning but I woke up with a wicked headache (still glad it's not a hangover). I'll have to catch up and respond a little later.

For those of you thinking of drinking today or this weekend, think about all of the progress you would be giving up and have to do all over again! I'm finding myself very lazy! I am telling AV to go away because I don't have time to do the last 10 days all over again. Its not worth it. You all are so strong, you can get through this and be so much more productive and active this weekend and come Monday morning I promise you won't say oh how I wish I had drank all weekend long. Fight that voice!

Just to be clear about yesterday's rum. Even though it wasn't my drink of choice it actually was my rum. I pretty much stopped drinking hard liquor when I was a teen, switched to wine in my 20's (I was so sophisticated drinking wine! lol) and then to beer in my late 20's (hangovers weren't as bad).... good grief. But I did buy some rum to put in some coke when I had to be at a family function all day. I would slip out to the car and refill my drink. Yeah, I probably should have just carried the bottle in. And at the end of the day I guess I took that bottle into our house and sat it next to the deep freeze, where I found it yesterday. I feel like a moron... but I'm not going back to that life. So hubby wasn't trying to hide it to keep it away from me or anything, it wasn't his fault and really he was okay with me pouring it. He would rather have me sober, he knows how long I've wanted to be sober, probably almost from the time I started drinking a bit when we were teens, I always had the tendency to overdo it. He's great support in whatever I do, sometimes that is troublesome because if I up and decided to drink today he would raise and eyebrow but go on supporting me in that too.

Alrighty then, that was quite the ramble.

I'm off to find something for this darned headache, then I need some chick time and to clean and do laundry.... oh how I wish for a cleaning lady!!

Have an awesome sober day everyone! Hang in there all of you struggling.