View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 07:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Croissant

Originally Posted by justinJustQuit View Post
Um, I don't take it for granted... I was simply saying he's a nice guy for getting it. I dont believe one screw up is taking advantage.

And as far as realizing what makes me drink, I know that answer and its been addressed.
Thanks, I tried to explain twice nicely where I was coming from. I did not ask for an explanation, nor did I say you were taking advantage. I apologise, sincerely that you reacted badly to what I said.

My understanding (and again I could be misinterpreting)...was you said you'd slipped 12 times since January when he assisted you with employment. I think he's an angel and merely was saying and encouraging you to identify what might be your triggers whilst you still have a job and a generous friend.

The title of your thread is alcohol withdrawal and working...so I assumed avoiding withdrawal was the aim. Hence why I asked what you were doing to address the slips, so I could suggest some options.

It's nice when we get forgiveness, no doubt. It's also good to address why we keep choosing alcohol to deal with issues.