View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 07:15 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Reboot

Dawn of day 6 and I suspect that I could be sorely tested today.

My youngest son will be coming over this afternoon to spend the night and most of Saturday before flies to the coast and almost immediately heads out to sea on his new boat. He's been on leave from the Navy for two weeks, and this will be the second weekend he's spent here. His mother (my ex) got a few days, as did his three siblings. His friends - most especially a certain lady friend with benefits - got the lion's share of his time. I can't complain, though.

When he was here the weekend before last, myself (a Sailor during the 70s and 80s) he, and his older brother hoisted many pints and shots as we toasted our ships and shared "sea stories." This time around it's going to be interesting for me to drink to all that nautica and manliness with either iced tea, cherry lime aid, or Pellegrino.

I fully expect that tomorrow morning I will remain a member of the "April Fools." I feel confident, but I guess it's easy to feel that way sitting here with a cup of coffee some hours away from real temptation. Guess we'll see.

Have a safe and sober weekend, guys!