View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
anxiouswife

Originally Posted by tabac210 View Post
Anxiouswife-now I know why that user name wasn't available !

My husband is very new to recovery (alcohol & opiates) & we haven't hit this particular bump in the road yet, but I worry that it is coming as we both get older & low back pain is already in our lives... so I'm in the unique position of telling you what I HOPE I will do!

I hope that I will be able to sit my hubby down & tell him my fears & get him to agree to either own up to the addiction problem with the doc or at the VERY least INSIST on no narcotics. (There are lots of medications out there that are non-narcotic-anti-inflammatories, non-narcotic pain relievers like Ultram/tramadol as mentioned in a previous post, etc.)

A lot of what we do as "the spouse" is hope, pray, chew our fingernails, & make promises to ourselves. What I try to do is make sure I set the boundaries I am comfortable with & stick to them--but its very easy for me to say since I haven't had to deal with any relapse issues.

Best wishes to you!
Thank you! I do a lot of chewing fingernails and making promises to myself and silent ones to my daughter... that I will give her the best life, regardless of what curveballs come our way. My sweet girl loves her dad SO much, that is another knife right in the heart when I think about how this could go.