View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
PaulOwen

Thanks for the responses everyone! It means a lot.

Mags, I have spoken to the doctor about my anxiety and depression issues which of course go hand-in-hand with the physical problems. I actually see a psychologist on a weekly basis which helps. Oh, and writing down what I'm seeing the doctor about before I actually go and having it with me is a must!

Bruce, will do on posting about my success with 9 months. I've had many good things happen thus far!

mejorando, congrats on graduating! i do try to appreciate as much as possible the good that's come from sobriety, I mostly just lose track of it when I'm trying to push myself creatively. Something I need to keep in mind. Thanks!

rockstonic, yeah, my 20s are shaping up to be questionable at the very least. Just gotta stay invigorated and passionate about what it is you want to do, whether it's in a career or just generally in life.

Just to close this out, I gotta say that one of the more important components to my sobriety (and at times one of the more unappreciated) is being able to gain and maintain friendships. I don't really attend AA, but it was a great place in the first few months of sobriety to go to and see the potential that there is in being there for someone else in ways less significant to absolutely life-changing. I've had the opportunity while being sober to allow people to see the best I could possibly be thus allowing myself to form honest, wholesome relationships with them. All good stuff.

Have a good night everyone.