View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 06:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
charleesavedme
I'm Wide Awake

Storms have past and we were fine. It's often worse a bit east of here where the Coastal plain starts and it's flat. We had several inches of rain yesterday, but that was all. I guess the US east coast has had it's share of rain. I feel for the communities hurt by the tornadoes.

FMTM, you're five months ahead of me and I'm so impressed by all of you! Nomis, VeryReady had a good point that you've been through so much with your job and your uncertainty about your marriage and yet have stayed sober. VeryReady, from your post last year, it looks like you had a birthday last week, so happy belated birthday in addition to the 18 months!

Dee, I also want to thank you for your support to so many here. You are an inspiration. It's so helpful for those of you who have years of sobriety to let us know that it was the best decision you made to become sober and that it can be done and life will be better.

My mom, the kids and I went out to dinner last night. When my mom and I were looking at the menu online, we saw the wine menu and my mom looked at me and said "I guess you're not drinking wine?" I just said that I had stopped and it was better for me if I didn't drink anymore. She said she thinks that's great and we left it at that.

It was good to be out to dinner and really listen to my almost 14 year old daughter talk about a show on the universe she's been watching rather than worrying about how much wine was left in my glass. She's so interesting and I'm so excited to watch her grow over these next few years as she goes to high school. I don't want to miss any of it - good and bad - because I'm drinking.

Hope everyone had a good week.