View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 08:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Pezlam

Originally Posted by OpioPhobe View Post
Rc - I can totally relate to what you mean about casual dinners. Every time I did some activity that a sober person would enjoy I was restless and just couldn't wait for it to be over so I could go home and use by myself.

Paul - are you going to stop the booze too? Alcohol isn't going to help with the anhedonia either. I don't have that much experience with coke, but the anhedonia is common with most of the drugs of abuse. A lot of it depends on how active you are with your sobriety. Forcing myself to do things in early recovery that felt very 'blah' at the time was very beneficial to me. It didn't take that long for the 'blah' to go away, and things started to become interesting again.
Yeah I intend on staying off booze for at least 3 months to see how things go but staying off the coke forever, I find it easy to drink in moderation when out with certain friends so maybe in time i can have a drink with the right people. it's been 5 days since i did any coke and already i'm seeing improvements on the depression/anhedonia/anxiety side of things but still no sex drive. Feels like i have to force myself to be remotely interested in it. Killing me!