View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 08:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PaulOwen

23 yrs old 9 months sober need to vent

Hi all,

Been awhile since I posted on here. I believe the last time I did was when I was around 4 months sober and struggling with my idea of sobriety and what the right approach was for me. Pertaining to my sobriety now, I'm 23 years old and over 9 months without a drink or drug (sober date July 29, 2013) and happy to say that. I don't follow a program per se, but I meditate daily, keep up with my creative vocations (music and screenwriting) and just try to be a good person.

I'm about to graduate college and though I am seriously determined about what I want to do with the rest of my life, I'm anxious about how I'm going to facilitate these goals. More than anything, that is the root of my fortunate troubles right now that is manifesting itself in bouts of depression and anxiety.

I'm mostly worrying about my health as of late. Since 2011, I've been diagnosed with tinnitus/mild to severe hearing loss, carpal tunnel, tarsal tunnel, some sort of a sternum injury, a cyst in my ear and wrist, chronic sinusitis and sebhorreic dermatitis. My doctor things all of these are just symptoms of fibromyalgia. Some of these conditions have progressed while others have remained stagnant since their onset.

I'm actually going to stop here though I thought I had more to write. I feel like I'm pitying myself right now, which is an ongoing conscious battle I'm fighting on a regular basis as I'm sure many of you relate to. The nerve pain just sucks today, that's all. Anyway, thanks for reading those that do. Have a good night!