Thread: Proud of myself
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Stoogy
☀️⛳️

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
I woke up this morning with my back killing me, slept wrong and the weather is cold and rainy. Now let me tell you what happened.
So, I missed this phone call this morning and after a few minutes I call it back. It is the neighbor of a guy I used to get pills from, they say the guy moved but they knew he got pills for me before. I guess he used their phone to call me before. They tell me they are getting some pills today and wondered if I wanted some. I tell them I don't do that anymore and asked them to never call me again. If they do call me again I am going to tell them I am going to call the police and give them their number.
I am so proud of myself for saying no, especially considering how bad my back is hurting. I think I slept wrong plus the weather. I even had that little voice saying "go ahead and get a couple of pills to get you through the day, you will feel better."

Thanks obosob for posting "pride cometh before the fall" this morning in the April class thread. It helped me remember to keep my guard up.

I also want to thank ALL of you here. I don't think I could do it without your help.

Great job👍👍👏👏