View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 01:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ananda

Pix!

Day 8 is awesome!!!!!!

I'm betting you are past the worst of some of this

The challenges shift and change but you really have done awesome in getting through this first part!

I'm still struggling with the tired and then the not able to sleep thing....but I have to remember that's ok. I'm getting 6-7 hours of sleep a night and although that isn't really sufficient for me, it's not at a level that I need to have medical help. If it doesn't straighten out or gets too bad I will talk to the dr. and get some medication to get me back on a proper sleep schedule. that has worked in the past and I'm not afraid of taking medically indicated meds. Lack of sleep can kill (per my Dr) in indirect ways...depression, bad driving, etc.

Obviously since I'm posting at 3 am it is a bit of an issue, but tonight is the worst I've had since the first week of detox...I'm figuring a blip in the road.

I had an attack of "moral indignation" yesterday....someone doing what we call "double dipping". Submitted for reimbursement for travel expenses that were paid by her home department...but since she isn't being honest about things...well we didn't know we were double paying something. I have worked hard at this job to remember that I am NOT the moral compass for the department or for anyone. It's simply an allowable payment or not. But inside I am horrified when I see this sort of thing...pssed off to see someone double submit expenses...

I'm going to try and sleep for a few hours now. I woke up at about 1am and I'm learning how to judge when I'm not going to go back to sleep...then I try to get up and do something...post, watch TV, do some dishes....and then go back to bed later when I'm more relaxed.

I got a lot of work done yesterday, but didn't get some stuff done that needs to be done. I'm sorta ok with that...I can only do what I can do and like I said I got a lot done...just not the thing I wanted to get done lol

Today is a new day and I have a plan...but I will expect the unexpected and roll with how the day unfolds

Hope you have a good day