View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 01:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Ananda

CG ... I can't wait to see the pics and hear the story. I know Soozies death was very hard for you, and relate after having Connie die in February (although for different reasons I'm guessing...but death is death regardless of the how (hug)).

It's so weird to get older and start to see death happening to people you know. Because we are all in contact with alkie/addicts...we probably see more of it earlier than some. I know it's just the cycle of life...if we are born we will die. But it sometimes gets a bit freaky.

What is awesome is that soozie has inspired you in your sobriety. Connie did the same thing for me. I still miss her. But I also know that I was lucky to have her in my life for the time I did and that is a "blessing".

I feel we are blessed by every interaction we have with each other. As I was once told... "people come in to your life for a while and then they go". I can focus on the "then they go" part and suffer (which I do at times) or I can focus on the joy of having people a part of my life for whatever time they can be. How lucky am I to have the people I have had travel with me! "blessed" is the best word I know to describe it.

Looking forward to your pics if you can figure it out...but if not...just having you share what you do is good enough (hug).

Nands