View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 07:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
meggygoround30

Originally Posted by CodeJob View Post
I somewhat agree with Mountain Bob. How big of a place do you work at? I've hung up inspirational messages in the bathroom. I would think you could tape a few in the stalls and see how long they last. You could cycle them out for whatever - DV, An Al Anon phrase, whatever.

Does your employer have an EAP (employee assistance program)? I am tight with those people. They had a free will service so I did that. I have used counseling referrals twice for me and once for DS. The counseling referral line is a counselor, but then they can offer a referral for up to 5 free sessions. That is a great deal. But they too might be willing to send magnets or flyers to pass out to advertise better what they do.
It's a big organization with paid staff, volunteers and interns. They did refer me to employee assistance but at the time I was already in therapy. I only knew about the assistance program because I didn't have many chances left. I was thinking if there were helplines posted in more accessible places like the break rooms, maybe someone who needs it could benefit and doesn't have to necessarily out themselves if they don't feel comfortable doing so.

I also don't want to dig myself a deeper hole now I'm climbing out.