View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 07:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
courage2
p***enger

Midnight, it's great to see you!

abcowboy, thanks for the reminder this a.m. How are you?

Airwick, welcome to the Undies!

Carlos & Tanja, of course I bow to you two as first among close encounters. I say "I bow" because I don't think Toots bows to anybody! As for pictures, it never even occurred to me to take any. Next time, and I do hope there'll be a next time, but since we don't want to spoil our anonymity, we'll take shots of isolated body parts. Hmmmm.

Just one more thing on the meet -- it was simply a lovely afternoon, for me at least. A couple of parks, a sandwich, and lots of talking. For a normal person, no big deal. For me, it was huge. I don't meet people. I don't talk & walk. I shared briefly about it in an AA meeting and practically got a round of applause because they so often see the self-isolating me. As I said somewhere else on SR, my AV isn't driving the bus anymore, and I'm not sure who is, but the ride is getting interesting! And I have folks like you all to thank for it

JJ, that sounds like a good plan. Why don't you do some "practice" calls with the sober friend? That way, if you ever need to call him when you're really in need, it won't be the very first time.

Carlos, I agree with Tanja -- don't worry about the blogging. I never liked the sound of a massive project for your house arrest term. It's setting yourself up with an expectation that can weigh you down, give you cause for self-blame, yada yada. I heard a lovely guy in an AA meeting last night say that when he first got sober, he'd said, what am I going to do with all this time? I'll go back to college, learn a language, etc. He said, you know what? I haven't done ANY of that! And why not -- because he's too busy.

Have a great day, everyone!