View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 06:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
tanja

Good Morning Undies,

((Gilmer)) - I am sorry that you feel depressed. I agree with Gleefan that the situation with your class would certainly add to depression. They say that depression is anger turned inwards. I think that both Toots and Courage gave you great advice about talking to someone in your class and getting a study buddy. You certainly can't be the only student in the class that is feeling that way about he professor. Lastly, kudos to you for forcing yourself to answer some questions despite your depression! I know how difficult it can be to force yourself to take some action when depressed. Great progress my friend

Toots - That is wonderful news that you and Courage met up. I know it was thrilling for me to finally meet Carlos and connect in real time with people that I have grown to deeply care about. I hope you two had a blast!

Gleefan - Congratulations on setting boundaries with Needy What a measure of strength, courage and growth to face an uncomfortable situation, doing what is best for you, living with the uncomfortable feelings and Not drinking over it. You should be very proud of yourself.

Steve - I thought Courage gave great advice on ramping up your support on SR. I thought at one time you mentioned a friend at the Gym that was supportive of your recovery? Touching base with him frequently might be a good way to start building a support network. Kudos to you for not drinking especially in light of the fact that your spouse is not supportive. I hope you seek and get a supportive friend to get that emotional support that you very much need.

Carlos - It's good to hear you sounding so positive and upbeat! I agree with you 100% about being in the right frame of mind in blogging about your recovery. I know that when I am super tired I can find myself not in the right frame of mind to revisit my past. I've actually been triggered by it. Sunday night's meeting was a smaller one. There were 10 people in attendance myself included. It was interesting because as one man pointed out, the women were the majority in attendance and that seldom occurs. There was a ratio of 3 men and 7 women. I think it makes it easier for women to share when there are more women there. The topic was relapse; not just in early sobriety, but in long-term sobriety as well. Tina, my sponsee shared about a painful experience and got some very good advice from the women. She still has trouble calling me, but that may be linked to her depression. All in all it was a good meeting.

Today's plan is to hit my usual 5:30 meeting. Wishing everyone a contented and sober Tuesday!