View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 04:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Good Morning Undies,

Dee, thanks for the new thread and the joy it brings!

Haha Tanja, get this, we are trend setters. A "Real Encounter the Second Kind". See how "alkie competitive" I remain, not good. I'm with D Parker, give us the real thing. Facebook can't lie, and I know that one of those pics doesn't hold a candle to real "things"...I mean thing. Seriously though, it must have been amazing, and I knew my ears were buzzing yesterday for some reason.

Stevie, great to see you and good show in not drinking. In AA, they say that sobriety must be a selfish program. A bit of a paradox since your also told that you can't keep it unless you give it away. For me, the selfish part means that I want sobriety to be a means, a transporter, taking me to peace and serenity. My drinking past had no idea where that exists. Drunks that have passed before me are showing me the way. Sobriety cannot be an end game or I will fall. I'm with Courage too, by getting back here on SR more often you are giving the parts of your sobriety away that in the end only make you stronger. Keep in touch, mate.

Glee, Needy is crossing a bridge in my eyes. Her actions are borderline stalking. So what though? What does understanding a problem really mean if it's not combined with a solid action plan? Guess what, you have one. Yes, while oh so difficult, you are pressing on with setting boundaries. Just don't let it run up the scale from "ankle biter" to trigger! Today's Glee is miles from the active alcoholic person that came back here following that weekend relapse. You are a treasure!

Gilmer, wow, I so get the "irrationally depressed" thing. We all do this, even the normies. The difference is that you didn't try to drink it away! Yes, my dear, the silver lining...progress, not perfection. I'm wondering as did Glee, what type of gravy. I'm a sucker for a woman that calls her red sauce gravy...that's old school, which according to DG, I qualify, and so DYNO! Perhaps that is why my favorite pie is pizza pie.

GCG, congrats on day 2! What's happening today?

Come on now girls...we know that you have a pic in one or both of those phones just dying to get out.

Ahh, the blog, humm, well thankfully, yes, thankfully I was quite busy on other projects all day yesterday and ran out of time. I will shoot for today, but don't hold your breath. It's a vibe thing, and I'm just not feeling it right now. My primary goal is to keep busy, stay out of my own way, press forward in the present. Writing a blog can put me in the past and/or future. For that to be therapeutic I need to reflect, not regret the past, and plan, but not plan the outcome of the future. Tricky and difficult ground given my current circumstances. Gaining a measure of acceptance these past few days has me embracing the present and it's possibilities, and that's not a bad place to be. Just boring fatter for a blog.

Have a sober and productive Tuesday, all. Just for today I am keeping Monday and Wednesday out of the equation.

Carlos xx