View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 03:08 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
charleesavedme
I'm Wide Awake

Good morning...another early morning for me. My daughter gets on the bus at 6:20 so our mornings are super early. With my mom here, I have not had time to check in but thanks for your posts. I have not said anything to my mom...She was the first person I told last time (that I stopped, not that I thought I was an alcoholic) but this time, I need more time until I come clean. She can see I'm not drinking and that's enough for now. I'm not sure of very much except that each day I wake up with gratitude and each night I go to bed sober. Telling my husband was easier because although we have had a rocky road of late, we try to be honest with each other and I know I can trust him. Tomorrow is our 20th wedding anniversary. He's still out of town, but we'll go out to dinner when he gets back. We don't eat out very much, so I am looking forward to enjoying the food rather than wondering how many glasses of wine I can get with dinner.

FMFT, I drank to deal with stress and I attribute the length of my relapse to my belief that I couldn't deal with life. Between work and the family, it's often overwhelming. I'm reading a book called "Drink" by Ann Dowsett Johnson which is about the relationship between women and alcohol. It's not the best book in the world, but it has some really interesting points about the increase in drinking among women. Johnston got sober herself and she also shares her own story.

Hope it's a good day for everyone!