View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 06:13 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
SnoozyQ

Originally Posted by resolute50 View Post
One thing I have noticed since I've stopped drinking.
I seem to be more apt at being quiet,not saying something,or typing something,only to delete it. Where as when I was drinking I was VERY outspoken and crude sometimes.
That ole saying " it's better to be quiet and let people think you're a fool then to open your mouth,and remove all doubt".

Anybody else find they've mellowed out?

Oh Bob ! I can so identify with this.

I've never been one for standing up for myself but alcohol gave me Dutch courage. I remember waking and cringing at the thought of reading my Facebook or my mobile phone messages.

I spent the next morning delete , delete , delete and more deleting !

Things would come back to me during the day.

Oh geez I'm so glad those days are gone .

Leshar, one day , when you are ready , you will start feeling motivated to clean and keep on top of things again.

It's only JUST happened to me nearing 10 months , when Shaun was away.

This getting sober thing is no easy task ....it takes time and patience and a good year at least i would say .

Thank god it's behind me ..i will NEVER do a day 1 again ...NEVER .

Crois , your flower is magnifique , thank you sweetie

Thanks for all the congrats guys

I'm still getting stronger every day . Sobriety is freedom.

Oh yes it's made me feel so much guilt and torment ....it's over now , I'm not a bad person , i had a disease . I've been in remission and now i am cured .

If getting thru that horror was needed to make me appreciate what I have , then yes it was worth it . I'm just seeing that now.

To think i just wanted to die cos i was soooo , so sick 10 months ago .

I cannot believe i had these thoughts and feel sad for those who were once where i was , who didn't make it .Those who died , sick and in the depths of despair .

When there was help all along .

I could have been that person . I have so much to live for now and I'm so grateful .

Thank you to SR and you , my dear friends , i could NEVER have done this alone.

I am so truly grateful . Xxxx

Love you all xx

.....only a few more days til that scan hun ...xxx how exciting

Xxx