View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 03:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
4MyBoys
My emotional baggage

I think in courtroom situations you have to stay calm and level headed. I have been going to court for almost three years over custody issues and yes, staying calm is the hardest part. (Check my lawyer kicking me under the table!) The only time I felt they were appropriate were when we all had to listen to a recording of my XAH belittling my son on the phone. I could not help silently crying during the audio. I know the judge noticed me and it affected him and may have worked to my advantage. Especially since I had not been very emotional any other the other times I had been in his court, and we discussed terrible things.

They need to look at the facts in court. Not all the hurt. The laws are the laws and unfortunately emotions shouldn't play into that. While I sit and watch others while I am waiting, I don't like watching others that get extremely overemotional in court, and I really should be relating because of my situation. Strange actually.

It is funny, as I have gotten more control over my own life again, I am not anywhere near as emotional. In a great way.

This is going to get me in trouble......I think it is like judging someone for being overweight. You are assuming they don't have control of themselves in life. Not usually a correct assumption but one that is ingrained in us because of society, upbringing etc. Doesn't mean I agree with it in any way......

4MyBoys