View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 02:54 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Anvilhead---I am more specifically referring to the situation that iamthird was referring to--advising someone who had to go to court to remain "calm" and not show emotionality.

I can identify with her comments because I have felt like that, before. Especially, in situations where a lot was at stake (for me)....and trying to present my "case", or point of view, or just defend my rights. Sometimes, the intense internal emotions at play will trigger tears or emotions in the voice. Depending on the severity of the situation or the hostility of the other parties involved--yes, there might be tears with the snot running down, a shakiness of voice or raise in the voice volume or tone or voice might change. The total picture is one of a person with a LOT of emotion behind them.
I believe that a person who has their emotions spilling over in this way is often judged in a negative way--no matter how much in the right they might be. Perhaps others are inclined to judge that a person capable of this emotion, somehow, has a weakness or character or does not possess sound judgement.......or might be given to female hysteria associated with hormonal cycles...etc......

dandylion