View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 08:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Carlotta
Behold the power of NO

Courage To Change 04/27/14

Self-esteem grows when I love and accept myself as I am. I block my own well-being each time I base my self worth on what I do or what others think of me. If I could please all the people on the earth, if I could “straighten everyone out” and remedy all the difficulties they face, if I could make the world a perfect place—even then, I probably still would not feel good about myself. Indeed, I would have had to give up all of my “self ” to accomplish this impossible task. I cannot be perfect. I cannot make others perfect. Yet I am worthy of love, respect, and joy. Let me remind myself each day that I am the child of a perfect Higher Power. That, in itself, commands respect—my respect— for the miraculous “self ” I have been given. When I hold this at the forefront of my mind, I will not give up my “self ” in the course of any endeavor.

Today’s Reminder
Today, when faced with choices, I will opt for the path that enhances my self-esteem.

“I am learning to live a full life, one in which I like and care for the person I am.”
Al-Anon Faces Alcoholism