Thread: 21 days sober
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marjoram

Yay - newviv, we are celebrating our 21 days together!!!

The feeling of being lost and alone, I think we all understand. But, I believe even prior to our alcoholism, we would have these same feelings, as well. Maybe not at the same time or same day of the week. But, they would be there. That's human nature. But, what's nice about finding a way to cope with this when it happens, and doing so sober, that once you are through it, you feel way better than diving into a bottle. The rewarding feeling from tackling it sober, is monumental. I've fallen so many times because of those feelings, and it's just not worth it.

Do you have a support group of any kind? That was my biggest mistake is not having something along with SRF to offer that extra boost needed during the "down" times.

Most of our friends drink, too. But that is their choice. My choice is to not drink. If they are truly your friends, they will understand. Do your friends know of what you are doing? If so, do you have one that you can have support you during these times - one that you can reach out to? That was asked of me so many times, and now I know why. It really helps.

Congratulations on your day 21 - and these feelings will pass.

Have a wonderful, sober day!