View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
inpieces314
Linkin Park Enthusiast

I had several posters tell me at times that I was harming the children.

It really hurt my feelings, and for a while, I left the SR community because I just didn't want to get bashed every time I said something.

Looking back now, I needed it. Maybe not at the time, but of course, the people who said those things were right, and if I looked at the me of two years ago now, I would be even meaner about it. There were times when I was not emotionally in a good place at all, and in all honesty, probably shouldn't have had the kids with me when I was dealing with all of those issues.

BUT, I got through it, it made me stronger, and looking back, these people were right. At the end of the day, no one can tell what anyone else is feeling, and even if we think we wouldn't handle something the same way, we don't know the whole story. Everything on this forum is one sided, after all, we never get to hear THEIR side of the story.

In light of recent events, yeah, I was an idiot, and thank you guys who told me that, even though it took a while for me to notice. Just at the time when I came for help, it didn't come across as helping. My feelings were really hurt. I had nowhere to turn. Now, I am happy that I keep coming back regardless of what was said at those few times, because I do need it.