Old 04-26-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
360shoes

Hi Happy!
I just had to be honest with mine. I have good friends and most don't drink much. Then I have a few that aren't problem drinkers but that's what they do for social activity. The thing we all have in common is they are incredible kind and good people. Otherwise, they wouldn't be my friends.

So I just told them. I quit drinking. I like me so much better when I don't drink. If I can hang with you when you are maybe having one, I will. If I can't, I will be leaving. We will have to figure something else to do together. I love you but I love me too. I will let you know how I feel at the time I'm feeling it.

And everyone of them said they loved me too and what can they do to help. I said I will let them know when I know. And so we adjusted. My one set of girlfriends who meet for happy hour..sometimes I've met them...most times I don't. We meet for lunch then. Others, nothing much changed. We are all in different places. That's what happens with friends anyway if you stay friends long enough.

It doesn't bother me other people drink. I'm more if doing something is just about drinking, I get bored stiff. Good thing me and my friends have hung in with each other for so long. We adapted.

Good job quitting. Good job focusing on your life. You and your friends..the good ones...will figure it out.