View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
nomis
Recognizes the Beast

Hey Charlee,

Great to see you again! Like others have said, I've thought about you often, wondering how you're doing. Please don't feel guilty about not posting here. Most of us haven't had a straight path in recovery also. I was once part of the April 2010 group, fell off the wagon and was too ashamed to post there either, so I understand completely how you're feeling. But on the other side of the coin, those of us here, want to do nothing but support you, cause nobody is perfect. Who understands that more than a group of recovering alcoholics, right? Thrilled you're back!

On another note, it's coming up to 18 months for me, and I'm really starting to get the itch to come out of the closet with my family and friends. I'm growing weary of the "I don't drink, cause it isn't my thing" line anymore. BUT at the same, a year and a half is a short time, and I'm still scared to death of the judgement that will result.

Had an interesting day today. Am all by myself in a hotel for a conference, and couldn't get the scene from the movie "Flight" out of my head, the one where he destroys his minibar. I guess that would qualify as a craving. Difficult to get my head around the fact that those will never go away for the rest of my life. Suffice to say, I didn't succumb, and am grateful for that.