View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cmfl23

Red face taking back my life

Well last night I went to my first al-anon meeting. I was scared to go and I wasn't even planning on it. A co-worker of mine told me I should finally go so I did. I was 10 minutes late because they moved the meeting to a dif. Room. I walk in, whisper is this where th he alanon meeting is? And I go into. There weren't any seats. So then I just felt like running in the other direction.
I have to tell y'all that haven't ever been to one. It was uplifting and a huge eye opener! I am def going back to more. I met multiple women who are in a similar situation as mine.

Today I just feel very emotional now tho. I did speak last night.told the group a short version of why I was there. I cried the whole time and I hate crying. I know it's not a sign of weakness, just a way your body and mind releases all the anger, emotion and pent up feelings you have..but it feels like weakness to me.
One of the ladies there bought me a al anon book bc she wanted to. Even after I insisted that she didn't. She was very nice. I'm glad I found them. I haven't called either of them yet. I'm still really scared to.

My husband gave me$7.00. Lol. Said that is all he got. But for done reason he had enough money to by energy drinks. And he left his can at my house. I feel like throwing at his face.So Tom. I am going to close out our joint bank account and open one for myself. Transfer car ins to my name, other bills. And then take a nice relaxing break at the dentist., yipee.oh and today I just realized that I am a co-dependent. That was also an eye opener.