Thread: Apology.....
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 02:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ruby2

I didn't see your post but can understand and just want to say your heart is in the right place, you are supportive and you are human so don't beat yourself up. I've read things lately on here that make me want to tear my hair out in frustration. When that happens I either write something nasty and then erase it or just get out of the thread and figure that someone who can give kinder, gentler feedback will come along.

I do agree that people need to be aware of the affects their addiction has on those around them and not get angry with the non addict spouse or partner if they aren't so willing to jump in and trust right away just because the addict says they quit. My husband is also an alcoholic with addiction thrown into the mix. Every time he quits he promises that this time, it is different. I've heard so many promises that he quit, trust him, this time it is for good, never again that I would be rich if I got a dollar for every promise made and broken. We all have to keep in mind that it takes time to trust again. On both sides.

Keep going Raider! 80 days is great. Did you go around the world in that time?