View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AndyAsh

Originally Posted by rosa84 View Post
I overcame crack, and alcohol. Meth was the drug that landed me in rehab. Im so glad I figured out that I cldnt beat it alone. Im on day 23 clean!
Keep going! Admitting you cannot do it alone is a huge step. If we could, there would be less drug addicts out there! It's the simple fact that we CAN'T do it alone, which is the very root of Step 1...we are powerless over our addiction.

That's where Step 2 comes in- because we are powerless, we need a power greater than ourselves to help us, since us alone cannot keep ourselves clean. Once we come to believe that a power greater than ourselves can help us, we can truly begin working the program.

I struggled with Steps 1, 2 and 3 the most. God was a hard concept for me to grasp. I saw God in the rooms, in the Fellowship, in other people. I believed I could be helped but I wasn't sure how. I held onto blind faith because if other people could do it, why couldn't I. And that kept me clean in the beginning stages of my recovery - everyone is worth it.