View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 02:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Pebbles128

My husband & I enjoyed a nice, quiet Easter at home - drama free! My older children had other plans but we did talk on the phone. Only texts from daughter saying how much I was "needed" & how she couldn't believe I wasn't available to help.

The Easter Bunny apparently forgot their house for my grandson't 1st Easter. He did however remember to visit my house & I will give my special baby his basket at a later time.

Forwarding address - it's on her "list" of things to do. Clinic transportation - added to her "list". Meanwhile, 80 yr old dad/grampa is carting them around.

Child Services. They were briefly involved at birth due to baby born with methadone in his system. Parents passed interview & home inspection so no need for services. I had a horrible experience with them when daughter's father was alive, years ago & due to the nature of my work, I have known over 100 families who have dealt with child services. I'm am not impressed. Child services is not consistent. I have seen many families torn apart with impossible services plans - while others, who clearly needed services, were allowed to continue with their lifestyle. Never say never but not at this point.

Just trying to stay on my side of the fence. Yes it's difficult especially with a medically fragile child but I would go out of my mind dealing with them every day. My daughter is on top of his medications & appointments but the stress of dealing with a sick child & his father & now the ill grandfather - grandmother in denial...can't see how this is going to work out but I'm going to try & stay out of it!

It's like talking to a brick wall & I'm out of breath!