View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  
PeanutButterCup

Hey everyone! Just wanted to give a quick post-Easter update.

My youngest dd's team took FIRST place in the GOLD DIVISION at the tournament ... that means they won it all!! Yay! She's come SO FAR in that past year. It's crazy. To see her play now compared to how she played last fall, you honestly wouldn't think it's the same girl.

And my 17 year-old had a BLAST at prom! She looked beyond gorgeous, and she and her bf even got their picture in the paper! She made great memories that I know she'll cherish.

Easter was nice here, too. I cooked, the weather was beautiful and warm, we took a couple walks, family hung out and laughed together, and dh and I went to my AA meeting in the evening. Overall, it was perfect.

Speaking of dh ... he totally made me cry Saturday night, in a good way. He found a song that he wanted to play for me, so he showed me this video. Especially that first verse depicts so much the pain I felt when I was in the depths of my addiction, and his incredible love for me desire to stand by me even then. I have no idea why I'm so blessed, but I thank God for that man every single day. He could so easily have done better than me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oozQ4yV__Vw