View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
LoveMeNow
Getting there!!

You go girl!! lol

I grew up as the youngest of three and three is often a crowd. My mother used to tell the stories of how I learn to "hold my own" before I could walk. I never liked being pushed or ran over my older siblings and would push back.

She would says I was born fighter! Not always a good thing. It has taken a lot for me to learn how to pick my battles and learn which hill I wanted to live or die on. First rule was, never talk, type, or text when I was angry. Since anger had become my baseline emotion the past few years, I probably should have taken up knitting, lol.

Some bad habits take time to unlearn, but I am really learning how to enjoy peace again a lot more. I started to peel back the onion and learn what is under the anger and deal with the real feeling. Anger had become my self defense mechanism. In some way, it made feel protected from hurt when I was really only hurting myself....without even realizing it.

Thank you Ann for this post. It's great to start my day off with positive awareness.