View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 09:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jpnme

Mom with son on day 10 detox

Mom with son on detox day 10
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I'm new to this board and new to understanding all about addictions. I found out 10 days ago my son is addicted to herione. He sat me down and told me everything and asked me for help. He had been using for 3 years and I had no idea. He had become a master liar and I had trusted him. The emotions I feel and the heartbreak were almost unbearable. He has changed my life and our families forever. Since I am new to all of this I felt I needed someone who I can talk to. I question everything I do to help him, not knowing if it's the right thing or if I shouldn't do it. Today I ordered some home test kits. I'm questioning myself was it the right thing to do. I have him in counseling with a top guy in the field regarding addiction for drugs, had him to our family doctor for his withdrawal symptoms, talk openly in our family about this problem and we are giving him our undying support. Is there anything else I can do. or not do? My tears have already filled a river and they just won't quit coming.