View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
SolitaryThinker

Originally Posted by Adnamaeel View Post
Hi all, I spent the afternoon at a memorial for a friend who recently died. In true hippie fashion, they waited to have it on 4/20. I've been to a memorial on this date every year for the last 5. Personally, I think it's kind of tacky, but it hasn't been up to me. It was a hippie style memorial, which is actually a really nice kind of send off. Everyone sat in a circle around a fire surrounded by trees, and we went around the circle telling stories of our friend. She was like a warm blanket on a cold night, and was very well loved. It seems like many in my world are changing their ways. A couple people mentioned that they're clean and sober now, the usually abundant herb at these events was barely evident at all (and that's not a reflection of supply, it flows like water around here), and I saw one person offering up a beer that no one took him up on. Very different than what I'm used to. Positive change seems to be in the air around here.
That sounds so awesome and peaceful, I'm def a hippy type person as well, the 4:20 is a bit tacky and chiche for sure but that sounds really nice. I think positive vibes and change is in the air for a lot of people. People are seeing things different I suppose.