Thread: Devastated
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 04:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SeriousKarma

Location: My mind wanders a lot, but I try to stay in the present.
Originally Posted by wellington1 View Post
My support is my friends and family
Friends and family are wonderful, and you're lucky to count them among your support system. Unfortunately, sometimes we can fall in to patterns with those too close to us that can prevent us from finding meaningful recovery. What I love about Alanon is that I'm not responsible to anyone there. And, best of all, no one passes judgement. I love my family and friends, but I'm always trying to second guess their needs. Maybe you do better with yours.

I think there may be some online Alanon groups. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that. Of course SR is also a great place for support.

It took me years to realize that it was MY patterns that needed changing. Once I did though, positive change has come rather quickly (still a work in progress of course). I think you're doing great. Don't be afraid to try doing things a bit different. You're getting some great suggestions here. I know it's hard. I remember being right where you are now, listening for that sound from the bedroom. "Oh dear God, let them still be passed out!" That's no way to live. ((((( hugs )))))))