Thread: need help
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 09:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

missboots---I want you to know that the people who answer the phones at the dv hotlines or shelters are soo very gentle, kind an understanding. Everything is held in confidence. They are dedicated to this work of helping--and they have seen every possible kind of situation. They will not judge you--just try to find out how they can be of help to you. There are m any kinds of ways that they can help. They can help get you out of the house safely, right now--if you want or need that. They will hide you in a safe shelter without revealing the location. The secret shelters are set up like a comfortable home and there are provisions for the children.
In addition to helping you get out safely--they offer a range of services--once you are there. They offer legal assistance--and, help you walk through anything that you need to do. They offer counseling and help with getting financial assistance, job training, etc. In other words, they can help you get on your own feet.
They will not force you to do anything that you don't want to do!!
Just because you talk to them--doesn't mean that you are obligated to do anything. You make your own decisions about everything. They are there to assist and help.

You don't have to stay in this situation--there is lots of help and options available. I know that you may feel alone--but, you are not!
Help can be one phone call away.

I am glad that you came here to post. Please keep us posted as to h ow it is going. We care about you!

dandylion