Thread: Holiday So Far
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Worried0810

Again, you are all right.
Twice now he has me to get drunk with him and I have said no. I drink very rarely, maybe twice or three times a year, I do not enjoy the taste of alcohol (only one kind!) and I am past the stage of getting drunk for the hell of it. I told him this and asked why he wanted to get drunk and he said that it was fun. I told him to look at what happened the last time we got (which inspired my March post). I realised that it didn't matter whether I wanted to drink or not, he wanted me to drink as a way of validating his drinking.
He asked for a beer on the way back from the land today and I agreed to one and we could sit by the lake (I had juice). On the way, we bumped into the "friends" from the incident last night and he stopped. I went ahead and he shouted at me to go the last bench and wait. I thought he would be a few seconds at least. I waited 5 minutes and went back and of course, he was sitting down with one of the friends that he had slated last night. I walked up, nearly crying because I knew that this would happen eventually and asked him what he was doing and how long he was planning on making me wait, to which he replied that he was only going to be 10 mins. I handed him his beer and sat away from him (I couldn't go back home because he had the key). I finished my juice, stood up and he asked if I was going. I said yes because I didn't want to wait around. He finished the beer and walked home with me and on the way, he asked me what was wrong. I told him that. I felt abandoned because as soon as he met a friend, I was forgotten about in favour of drinking with friends. I also heard the friend say that he would phone ABF later so we will see what happens then. If he wants to go, he can. But I will make it clear that if he goes, then so do I.
And now I am 100% sure! when I leave, he will drink heavily and most likely, he will do drugs. We had a fight earlier and he said that we should split and that he didn't want to talk about it anymore, to which I said that I did but it's all about what he wants and that my opinions are not important to him. He came to me literally five minutes later saying that he was sorry and that it was all OK.
It's really not, and I wish for the first time since I got here that I had just stayed home. When I do get back on Thursday, I have 3 weeks to make arrangements and think about how I am going to deal with everything. But tonight should prove to be interesting!