View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  
ForMeForThem

Hey Nomis - things are good. Believe it or not but I'm sitting here on Easter morning awake before my kids...this is unheard of! Awake and feeling good even after being the bunny until the wee hours of the morning , guess this is what sobriety can do for you.

I'm coming up on 6 months next week. Still think about drinking, not in a way that I think I will actually drink, but the thoughts come and go. Sometimes in a nostalgic way, most times when I'm stressed and I just want to escape. My brain just goes there, but I'm recognizing it and snapping myself out of it because bottom line is I like my life and myself better when I'm not drinking. And I know nothing has changed, I don't even kid myself with thoughts of moderation, I know if I have one, it won't stop there and I just don't want to be stuck in that old life anymore. Life still has its issues, but I'm feeling like everytime I allow myself to feel something uncomfortable without numbing it, I find a little more peace inside myself.

And I'm still trying to find that hobby I've mentioned so many times. I'm keeping busy with my boys, always running with school, sports, their activites and working and keeping up with the house. But still feel bored sometimes. Right now the only hobby I've found is playing silly games on my Ipad. It's like my little escape and I like it, but its almost a little embarassing when my kids catch me playing HayDay when I'm supposed to be cooking dinner Still hoping Spring will be bring me inspiration to maybe find a hobby thats a little more productive.

Well, enough about me. How about you?

And Happy Easter to all who celebrate it.