View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
DancingDiva

Hey all-

Just checking in before hitting the hay - had a bit of a scare at the game tonight. A friend who doesn't know I've quit poured half of her beer into a cup and passed it to me. Such a natural (and nice!) gesture and I was completely caught off guard. I stuttered something about how it was too cold for me to have a beer (lol, wtf?). She looked at me a little quizzically but took it back. After that, my thoughts vroomed around from "you idiot, you have ten excuses at the ready and THAT is what you said?" and "I don't have anything planned for tomorrow....so maybe I'll drink tonight and THIS will be my last night drinking."

Oof. What a head trip. But I was able to fight it, amazingly enough. It's the first time I've won that "this will be the LAST time" temptation battle. And I had a really fabulous time! If I had taken that beer, I would have been drinking all game, then ditched my friends to finish off at home. And woken up tomorrow feeling so brutally defeated, again.

I am so grateful that I made it. And I couldn't wait to tell you about it! Hope everyone had a good day. G'nite class!