View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ontherightpath

Hey! Let's just say that my husband is well aware of the problem. I don't sneak around. He would like me to be a normal drinker too.... Last night I was normal. But so what? Quite pathetic to think that drinking without consequences on one occasion is anything to get excited about.

I drank last night to make him mad. Or hurt his feelings. It didn't work. All he said was, why are u drinking wine, followed by don't drink it. To which I replied-- what does it really matter? And so I had a couple glasses-- slightly buzzed. And have felt like crap all day. Physically speaking.

Emotionally speaking? I'm ok. Really. Completely
Accepting and very aware of what went wrong and what I should do different. The worst part is that I had to reset my day counter :/

I'm very aware that recovery is a 24/7 job and I let my guard down. I haven't felt the need to drink again. And I don't foresee needing a drink tomorrow. Although, tomorrow will require attention when tomorrow comes. I have another drunk in me, I'm just not sure that I have another recovery.

I consider myself lucky to have gotten by last night. Today is a new day, and it's almost over. So, on that note, I'm getting ready for bed. Thanks for being here!